Week 13, South Africa: Safari Unplugged, Impalas and NABI
SAFARI!!!!! The experiences When I figured out I had enough malaria pills to get me through a safari, I got really excited but then I had to find a reasonably priced one for a single traveler that had appropriate dates available. I don't remember how I stumbled onto them but I found Drifters and am so glad I did. We had a small group of 5 (two Germans, a Belgian, a Bulgarian turned Brit and me, the American) plus our guide (South African born and raised) for our 5 day/4 night adventure. I'll try not to talk about the group too much since I got the impression people are pretty private and less keen on the idea of sharing their quirks on the internet but they were really fun and interesting people. I was very excited that one of the Germans was a foreign exchange student in Jefferson, WI recently so I got to have fun talking about all the comforts of home with him while the others laughed at us and our "American" accents. Day one was very long drive north with a...